Guess Who's Back?!
Well hello there internet family! It’s been a minute, but yours truly is officially back! Where did I go you ask? Nowhere per se, as I’ve just been resting and living life for the most part. I had a very busy summer, which I spent trying to take advantage of every opportunity that presented itself. I was trying to be everywhere and do everything, and essentially was putting too much pressure on myself to perform. I wanted to put out content for my blog, push my photography, write for Bel Monique, drink enough water daily, plan my trip to Spain, still have a social life, etc. and the list goes on and on. I ran myself ragged to the point where I was running on fumes and it wasn't long before I hit that brick wall called exhaustion. With convincing from a friend, I finally realized that I needed a serious recharge as well as a revamp regarding how I was choosing to run my life at the current moment.
So what did I do? I took a break! All and any activity that could cease – ceased. And you know what – it was amazing! I had forgotten what it was like to get more than six hours of sleep a night, or even to sleep in on a Saturday. It was really awesome, but the truth is, I never really know how to stop working. And it’s not really about that anyways; it’s all about learning how to maintain, be consistent and take care of myself all at the same time. But while I’ve been resting, I’ve still been smashing goals. Here are some highlights since we’ve last checked in:
- This website was built! Yayyy!
- I photographed the groundbreaking of Michael Bivins park and got to meet Mike Bivins himself! (Sidenote: peep the bags under my eyes!)
- I also had the opportunity to go to D.C. and attend Blogger Week UnConference, which was a really great experience! I met and networked with so many awesome bloggers, journalists, social media mavens and creatives, while soaking up some great knowledge on taking my blogging to the next level. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is in media (but specifically blogs) and is looking for tailor made information to take you to the next level! I definitely plan to go again next year!
- I also traveled to Spain and spent a whole week with my sister! We spent a week exploring Seville and Madrid, and it was amazing (as well as hot)! This was my second time to Spain, but my first time with my sister. In fact, it was my first international trip with my sister! Can you say challenging?! But also, very rewarding! It was very much needed r&r, and was definitely a positive turning point in our relationship! Also, my sister is definitely the world traveler in our family - she's been to THIRTY-FIVE countries and counting! You can follow her travels via her Instagram page HERE!
- I also started my radio show called Boston Come Through! It airs every Wednesday 9pm EST on Boston Free Radio. My co-host, Crystal and I discuss all things black Boston, the black experience, as well as black businesses, entrepreneurs and events! Tune and let me know what you think, and if you have a show idea, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We would love to hear from you!
- Lastly, but of course not least, I'm proud to be on the committee for Boston Women Entrepreneurs (BWE)! Who are we?! We're a dope group of millennial black women entrepreneurs who have come together in the name of sisterhood! We are all about encouraging genuine relationships amongst each other - so we support each other, we encourage each other and we get real with each other! It's an amazing group to be a part of, and if you're reading this and thinking you may want to be apart of this - don't worry, you can definitely sit with us! We host quarterly meet ups where we we all get to vibe with each other over good drinks and conversations. Another one is in the works, so make sure to follow our exploits via our BWE Facebook group and on on our BWE Instagram page!
So, that's been my life in a nutshell! I hadn't realized how much I'd done until I wrote this post! LOL! Anywho, I believe the only thing I haven't mentioned is the weekly event postings I was doing prior to summer, also named Boston Come Through. They will be resuming as well - starting next week! Look out for that to drop every Sunday! But in the meantime, stay blessed...while you look at these amazing photos my sister took of me in Spain!
Until next time my loves!